OrangeBidz.com is one of the smaller penny auction sites, offering a ‘less competitive’ community than sites like Quibids or DealDash. OrangeBidz is a pretty basic penny auction site, and operates in much the same way as sites like Quibids. If you are looking for a new penny auction site with less traffic and competition, than OrangeBidz may be a great site for you to check out. If you have ever bid on an auction at OrangeBidz, than please don’t hesitate to leave your own OrangeBidz review at the bottom of the page.
Competition Level: Low to Medium
OrangeBidz coupon codes: Almost never offered
Free bids at sign-up: 2
Other ways to get free bids: You can win more by referring friends and by submitting customer testimonials
Phone Number: NA
BBB Rating: NA
Orangebidz.com offers a quality penny auction experience in a small community where the competition is not quite as fierce as it can be on some of the larger sites. They offer some free bids when you sign up, but also offer free auctions for both bids and goods, making the acquisition of new bids relatively easy even if you are on a budget. They offer a variety of high-quality products, and regularly end up saving their customers up to 95% off of the retail price of items that are sold during auction. They will also give you back your bids if you lose but still choose to buy the product at the original retail price.
The lack of fierce competition is somewhat offset by higher bid prices. Bids cost $0.75 each, though you can get them for as low as $0.14 each if you buy them through auctions or during special events.
OrangeBidz Auction Features
- Beginner Auctions: Beginning Auctions are auctions that are reserved especially for members who have won 3 or fewer auctions in their total time on OrangeBidz. These auctions are MUCH easier to win, allowing newcomers to get a feel for the site before being thrown into the real fray.
- Bid Free Auctions: Bid free auctions are auctions that do not require you to use your bids. Otherwise, they work the same.
- Special Events: OrangeBidz offers a variety of special events that can earn you extra bids, prizes, or other incentives. They are generally fun to participate in, and offer a wide range of deals that can definitely enhance your experience.
Common OrangeBidz Auctions
- Gift cards (There are always a TON of gift cards up for auction on this site)
- Computer games and consoles
- TVs and other home entertainment electronics
- Household items, including small appliances like toasters, etc.
- Fashion items
- Digital cameras
- Different types of Ipods, headphones, and other personal electronics
- A myriad of other products
OrangeBidz.com Shipping and Fees
OrangeBidz actually offers free shipping on almost everything, even if you buy the item for retail price after losing an auction.
Is OrangeBidz A Scam?
By all accounts, it seems that OrangeBidz is an honest penny auction site where you can pick up some quality items at a great price.
OrangeBidz Pros and Cons
Pros… OrangeBidz offers free shipping, a wide range of products, a smaller community, and a lot of special events that allow you to save money on bids and products.
Cons… Though OrangeBidz is a small community, there tend to be a few ‘power bidders’ who can be difficult to beat in the beginning until you really know what you are doing. Also, the price per bid tends to be higher than average, probably due to this being a small penny auction community.
AutoBidder is the name of OrangeBidz’s approved auto-bidding tool. AutoBidder is built into the website works like this:
- Set the range that you wish autobidder to bid for you
- Set max bids amount you want to use
When you buy new bids, autobidder must be refreshed.
Posted in: OrangeBidz FAQs
OrangeBidz does not have a great search utility. The only way to really find auctions is to scroll through the upcoming auctions.
Posted in: OrangeBidz FAQs
Get the Free OrangeBidz Bidding Guide
Get our free 5-part series (written by penny auction veterans) on bidding on OrangeBidz and the other top penny auction websites!
No SPAM, unsubscribe at any time.
OrangeBidz User Reviews
I haven't won anything big yet but have picked up a few gift cards. So for so good.
Beefing it up
OB has really beefed up auctions lately. Site seems a bit more busy too but I'm still winning! wooop
Why Orangebidz is a great auction.
My first reason for enjoying Orangebidz is that the BIN option is an honest price, not inflated by the addition of too many highly priced bids. If I don't win something because my math has told me that the cost of my bids plus he bid price is too high, I can then buy the item and get all my bids back, meaning I have lost nothing at all.
Secondly, the staff is very helpful. I have some communication issues from a brain trauma and the staff has always worked very hard to answer my questions and explain special auctions or other events to me.
If you want to enjoy modestly priced items and can do the math necessary to know what you are spending, OrangeBidz is a great way to win without ever "losing."